Having watched the Baz Luhrmann version of Romeo and Juliet, you are going to write a review, examining how successful it is. You should read this Wikipedia article on the film here.
You need to comment upon:
- The quality of the acting
- The quality of the “direction”: the use of camera shots, the use of costumes, settings, music, sound, the editing
- The way in which he has “edited” down Shakespeare’s language; does Shakespeare’s language work in this context?
- Does the “modernisation” of the setting really work, even though Shakespeare’s original language is being used?
- Some points to think about: in the original Juliet is turning fourteen, she is clearly older here. In the original, swords are used, not guns. In the origina.
Post your reviews in response to this article down below.