First, you need to learn to PEEL properly: make a good Point, provide some valid Evidence, Explain your points/evidence with reference to the question, and then Link to other points. This video might help you:
Then you need to look carefully at the question, and work out what the question is requiring you to do.
You will need to learn how to structure a good answer…
Instead of doing the question on Act 2, Scene 2, you can answer this question:
Explore the ways in which Friar Lawrence is presented in this scene and elsewhere in Shakespeare’s play, and in the performed versions. You should consider:
- the thoughts and feelings Friar Lawrence expresses
- the ways other characters react to him
- what makes Friar Lawrence such an important character
Remind yourself of Act 2 scene 2 in the text and in one or more performed versions of the play.
Explore the ways in which Romeo and Juliet are presented in this scene and elsewhere in Shakespeare’s play, and in the performed verisons.
You should consider:
- the thoughts and feelings Romeo and Juliet express
- the ways other characters react to them
- what makes the relationship between Romeo and Juliet so moving.
Film: Baz Luhrman (1996)